Territory Families, Housing and Communities is the Northern Territory Government department which empowers families and communities for a safe and better future. Territory Families, Housing and Communities helps to build stronger families in stronger communities, where children are safe, healthy and happy; women and men from all cultural backgrounds have equal opportunities and senior Territorians are appreciated and respected.
Territory Families, Housing and Communities is responsible for:
- Children and Families
- Youth Justice
- Youth, Multicultural Affairs and Seniors
- Senior and Pensioner Concessions
- Domestic Violence Prevention
- Offices of Women’s and Men’s Policy
- Children’s Policy.
Under the Youth Justice Act, Territory Families, Housing and Communities provides the following services:
- Youth Detention
- Youth Outreach and Re-engagement
- Community Youth Programs
- Supported Bail Accommodation
- Alternatives to Detention
This page was last updated on 20 April 2021